Movement Disorders Specialist & Central Neurology, LLC is a shared office space occupied by individual Medical Directors and is in no way a Medical group or part of a Medical group Affiliation.
Certifications of Our Movement Disorders Specialist
Johan Samanta, M.D., P.C.
Board certified in Neurology with specialized training in Parkinson's and Movement Disorders
Clinical Associate Professor, Neurology - University of Arizona College of Medicine
Clinical Interests: Providing the best possible care for Parkinson's and other movement disorders
patients, clinical research, deep brain stimulation, Botulinum toxin therapy.
- Director of movement disorders research, Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Evelyn Kossak Movement Disorders Fellow, Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research Center
at Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona. 2000
- Resident in Neurology, PGY-4, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, 1999
- Medical Internship, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, 1996
- M.D., Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1995
- B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Major: Biology 1991
- Principal or Co-Investigator in 22 past and current clinical research trial's in Parkinson's
disease, Essential Tremor, Dystonia, and Stroke
Botulinum Toxin (Dysonia, Spasticity, Tremor, Sialorrhea, adjunctive Management of migraine and musculoskeletal pain)
Deep Brain Stimulation (Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremor, Post-Traumatic Tremor, Idiopathic Dystonia)
Novel Therapeutic Agents via Clinical Trials in association with Banner Health Research Institute (current trials include
new therapeutic agents for Parkinson's Disease, RLS, and Blepharospasm)
Multidisciplinary Movement Disorder Clinic at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, with outpatient physical, occupational
and speech therapy, allowing patients to live as independently as possible.
With the increasing cost of treatments, medications, and equipment the Movement Disorder Specialists provide you with cost-effective solutions to help aid in payment as well as accepting most major medical plans.
One-on-One Attention & Care
The Movement Disorder Specialists are aware of the hardships that people, with disorders such as: Parkinson's, Dystonia, and Tourette's have to endure. That is why Johan Samanta M.D., P.C., Padma Mahant, M.D., LLC and Maria Cristina Ospina, M.D., PLC entered into the field of neurology. We take time to work with you and listen to your individual needs and concerns; we will consult with you and then seek the treatment(s) best suited to your individual case.
|Contact one of the Movement Disorders Specialist today
to improve your quality of life and learn about
new treatments that target your disorder!